Thursday, September 3, 2009

Reno 911! cancelled



I recently heard that Reno 911! has been canceled. Comedy Central hasn't made it official but the information came from Thomas Lennon's Twitter account. Personally, I think that's kinda shitty of CC and their bosses over at Viacom. Just give 'em the boot during their mid-year break so they can't have a series finale to wrap everything up. I think a show that ran for six seasons deserves a little more respect.

It seems that every TV show that had a redneck in it got the ax this year e.g. Reno, King Of The Hill, My Name Is Earl. It reminds me of when CBS canceled all of their rural comedies in the early 70's e.g. Green Acres, The Beverly Hillbillies, etc. Speaking of hillbillies, I don't see how much more redneck you can get than Robert Ben Garant's character Deputy Travis Junior. The guy lived in a dilapidated RV of all things. He makes Hank Hill look downright cosmopolitan in comparison. At least Hank lives in an actual house.

Here's my favorite bit from last season.

No comments:

Post a Comment