Sunday, September 20, 2009

The High Price Of Earl

There's an eBay seller who deals in actual wardrobe and prop items from 20th Century Fox TV shows which includes everything from The X-Files to Prison Break. One of the shows he currently has items up for bid on is My Name Is Earl. Ever since Earl was canceled this summer I was thinking about buying something used on the show. Why? Hell, I don't know. I just thought it'd be fun to have. Earl was an entertaining show overall and buying useless crap is something I have a knack for.

The problem is that I keep getting outbid on anything I might want and prices keep going up and up. Fun's fun but I'm not one of those guys who's going to pay any amount for something just because Alyssa Milano touched it. Likely due to the cancellation they've been cleaning house and selling everything from the show since they're not coming back.

Interested in Catalina's maid uniform? Final bid was $127.50.


Earl's prison shirt? $167.50


Earl and Joy's wedding picture? $201.77


Joy's Mrs.Claus ensemble? $306.01


Earl's wallet? $412.00


The thing I really would have liked to won was Earl's list but with a closing bid of $505.00 that wasn't going to happen. Maybe with some luck I can still win something like Tim Stack's lifeguard jacket or one of Earl's moustaches.

No comments:

Post a Comment