Sunday, August 30, 2009

Shonen Knife - the nicest band in the world

Shonen Knife, the legendary Japanese pop-punk band, will be starting a North American tour this October. If you're a fan I don't have to tell you to go see them. Even if you're not a fan you should still go as I promise they'll win you over. I saw Shonen Knife in Dallas back in 2005. It was undeniably the most fun show I've ever experienced. They played an energetic 90-minute set of all their most loved songs and even threw green beads to the audience (it was St.Patrick's Day). It was clear the band loved what they were doing and the crowd loved them right back. After the show they stayed behind to greet all their fans. I had my picture taken with the group and they also autographed a tour poster all for no charge. Without a doubt they were the most gracious, down to earth band I'd ever met in my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment